Friday 8 September 2017

Demonstrating what I've learned

In my previous blog post I talked about various new editing techniques which I taught myself over the duration of summer, the following clip is a small preview of what is to come in future. Both edits in the clip will be heavily used in my final piece.
I have edited the audio adding the quote "Let me ask you something, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear" which was quite a challenge as it had backing audio, I resolved this issue by having it fade out which makes the backtrack to it essentially inaudible.

Original video (first 18 seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydtQyE6M0QI

My edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcGZacdQA4E

The white outline and devil horns take a crazy amount of time to do, as  this was filmed in 60fps I have to re-draw the outline and devil horns 60 times for every 1 second I wish for them to appear on screen as well as saving and importing each individual edited frame, in my final piece this will be done to a higher standard also.

No comments:

Post a Comment