Tuesday 19 December 2017

In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real life products.



I wanted to try and keep to the basis forms and conventions for my advert cover. The reasoning behind this is so it appealed to more people who are into hip-hop music, if other adverts do similar things and sell well then it means something is working well which is the primary reason I wanted to keep this as close to the general stereotype of hip-hop magazine as possible. The way I conformed to this stereotype is having just the model on a back ground with a small obstruction, in this case the artists name over the eyes. This is very common for adverts and front covers in XXL magazine (the magazine my advert would have been in). I decided to challenge the codes and conventions when it came to my CD cover, my reasoning for this is I wanted it to stand out and be different to give my artist their own personality rather than just conforming to a basic image of his face on the front which is exceptionally common in hip-hop CD covers. Making the CD cover obscure makes it stand out more and is more recognisable that others which may look very mundane.  For my main product I wanted to conform as much as possible in order to make the video more appealing. In my video I wanted a lot of quick shots in order to give a fast moving and upbeat atmosphere which is very typical in hip-hop and rap music.

No comments:

Post a Comment